Team: Husker Scarlets Dance Team
Team nicknames: Scarlets
Coaching Staff: Erynn Butzke, Nikki Kimura
2018-19 Captains: Cassidy Adolf, Maddie Balfany, Alexa Dolesh
Year team was established: 1992
Annual Camp: Summer UDA dance camp in Wisconsin Dells.
Team fun facts/stories to share:
- The team performs routines at every home game, while also dancing on the sidelines.
- Veterans of the team get to travel to away games.
- Spirit Squad representation at every away game.
- The Scarlets also dance at every home women’s and men’s basketball game, as well as select softball and baseball games in the spring.
- Mascots are Herbie Husker and Lil’ Red.
Team charity and fundraiser activities:
Husker Hero’s is one of our favorite events throughout the year. It is an event where athletes and the Spirit Squad get to hang out with individuals with disabilities at Memorial Stadium.
Game day traditions:
- Game day Unity Walk which is where the spirit squad, fans, and band welcome the football team to the stadium.
- Another tradition is the Husker Step. This has been around since the start of the team. It is unique to the Nebraska Spirit Squad and is a step of the feet to go along with arm movements in all of our fight songs.
- Another tradition is the red balloon release in Memorial Stadium after the first Nebraska Touchdown.