Team/studio name: Hopkins High School
Team nicknames: Royelles
**Minnesota Dance News will be covering the Hopkins Dance Show and can’t wait to see everyone again. Make sure to check out the details in our calendar.
Conference: Lake Conference
Coach’s Name: Marit Green, Grace Gerring, Jess Anderson, Allison Dill, Emily Costa, Allie Renneke, Sydney Rosenzweig
2018-19 Captains: Sally Reed, Josie Sandford, Azumi Johnson-Dorothy
Year team was established: 1996
Annual trip/camp: The Royelles travel to JFK camp in Brainerd, MN every summer.
Team fun facts: Four of the seven coaches are Royelles Alums!
Charity: Toys for Tots and singing Christmas Carols at a local nursing home.
- Two car washes in Hopkins each summer
- Superfan t-shirts
- Sell pizza cards in the community
- Fall three-day youth dance camp
- Winter: Parent’s night out camp – an opportunity for younger girls to come dance with the Royelles
- One of the biggest fundraisers is the Hopkins Dance Show at the start of each season. This is an opportunity for surrounding high schools, colleges, and studios to showcase what they have been working on, prior to the start of the competitive season.
- They also host an annual pizza party for their fellow Lake Conference teams!
JAZZ: MSHSL tournament appearances: 2013, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1997
KICK: MSHSL tournament appearances: 2012
Winter schedule (Please put one per line):
- 11/29/18 Lake Conference Jazz @ Minnetonka
- 12/1/18 Forest Lake Invitational
- 12/6/18 Lake Conference Kick @ Wayzata
- 12/8/18 Eastview Invitational
- 12/13/18 Lake Conference Jazz @ Eden Prairie
- 12/20/18 Lake Conference Kick @ Edina
- 1/4/19 Best of the Best @ U of MN
- 1/11/19 Lake Conference Championships @ Hopkins
- 1/12/19 Anoka Invitational
- 1/19/19 Wayzata Invitational
- 2/2/19 Sections @ Edina
Game day traditions:
- The team captains come up with fun dress up/team spirit theme for each game day. The themes sometimes tie in to the theme of one of their dances, or can just be a random, fun theme. For example: USA, Rain Coats/Gear, Traffic, Groutfit, Warm up jackets and crazy pants/socks!
- The girls also get paired up with sisters for the year. Typically and older girl on the team with a newer or younger girl. Throughout the year, they give eachother uplifting cards/small gifts on game day…..again, with each game day having a theme.
- Lastly, the team ALWAYS has a team dinner on game day prior to going on the bus. This is a fun team bonding opportunity for the girls prior to each competition.