Ready for more MEA Break Dance Team Audition Prep Tips?
Tip #2: Work smarter, not harder
With auditions next week, you are running out of hours to practice. Time to work smarter, not harder!
You can accomplish this by selecting a focus for each time you run through a routine, kick set, turn set, or other element of your dance.
Here are 5 examples:
- Focus only on full leg extension. Do you have straight knees? Do you have pointed toes? Do you feel length through your legs?
- Focus only on facial expressions. Does what you expression match what you want the audience to feel at each point in the routine?
- Focus only on where your eyes are and what you are seeing. Are you taking in your surroundings? Do you respond to the surroundings not only as a dancer, but also as an actress of the story/routine?
- Focus on movement quality. Where are the accents? Where are the flowing moments? Where do you want the audience to see the energy bursts?
- Focus only on your hands. What are they doing? Are they making artwork? Are they soft? Are they stiff?
When you pick your focus, have a friend provide feedback or video tape yourself. See what you discover. Modify as needed, and then either try again with the modification or pick a new focus.
Start with some of the examples above, and then move on to others.
Pick attainable goals that you can really use to amp up your audition qualities in the next 72 hours!
Have thoughts to share? We’d love to hear from you. Comment or share on social!
Join us tomorrow for dance team audition tip #3!