Dancers, do you have your journal ready? Ready to discover how to use your summer camp experiences this fall?
I still have my journal that I started at age 7. It’s over 3 decades old, and the learning moments keep expanding. I’ll show you how to start your own dance learning journal today.
Today’s dance journal assignment:
- Set a timer for 3 minutes
- Make a list of key words that you remember from your summer dance camp or intensive
- Skip the details, and just write key words or phrases that come to mind
- When 3 minutes ends, stop writing
Here are a few examples:
- Articulate feet
- Straight knees
- Stop pirouette ¼ early
- Turn out back leg in leap
- Core tight on turns
- Back leg fast on leap
- Keep ears level on turns
- Crazy 8’s drill
- Pilates scissor abs
- Yoga reverse warrior stretch
- Lift from upper back to arch
- Slower spot to turn
What will you do with this list? Join us later this week at MNDanceNews to discover the next steps in your dance learning journey!
This article was written by Dr. Meredith Butulis at Education4Dance for general educational purposes. If you would like Dr. Meredith to help your team with conditioning, flexibility, Pilates, or Yoga, please e-mail her at Education4Dance@gmail.com.