Presented by the AM Charity Fund and sponsored by the Arthur Murray Dance Centers, the 2017 edition of Dancing with the Twin Cities’ Celebrities featured five celebrity dancers, four judges and over a dozen instructors and students from the Arthur Murray Dance Center.
The celebrity dance lineup included Jake Travis, Kim Perry, Hans Johnson, Nicole Middendorf and Mark Parrish, formerly with the Minnesota Wild and currently a sports media analyst and commentator. See more about their dance below the video.
- Jake Travis, who danced a tango with Arthur Murray instructor Maria Stark to the music Art Official Cage. Travis’ charity of choice is the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Kim Perry, who danced a Belaro with instructor David Browning to the music The Most Beautiful Girl in the World. Perry’s charity is Diverse Daisies.
- Hans Johnson, who danced a swing style dance with instructor Abby Ortega to Rock N’ Roll Love Affair. Johnson, a pancreatic cancer survivor, has chosen the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network as his charity.
- Nicole Middendorf, who danced the Cha Cha with instructor Scott Skoog to Kiss. Middendorf’s charity of choice is Caregivers Support Network.
- Mark Parrish danced the Lindy Hop and Peabody with instructor Heather Slaven to Let’s Go Crazy. Parrish raised funds for Birdies4Brains, a charity dedicated to helping those struggling with brain injuries.
It was a festive evening that included an auction to dance with a professional as well as many other featured dances and fundraisers. In the end, a grand time was had on the ballroom dance floor by all – there were plenty of opportunities for attendees to hit the dance floor – and the best part is that five great charities received the benefit.
MN Dance News photographer, Matt Blewett was also able to cover the event’s guests for the Scene + Heard feature that will appear in the Star Tribune on Sunday June 18 in the Variety Section.