You made it! Welcome to Dance Team State!
Here are a few last minute tips to peak performance and have a great experience!
- Passion. Your actions, words, and dancing should all convey your passion for this sport!
- Gratitude. You’ve already put in the effort to get here. Take a moment to share your gratitude with your coaches, parents, teammates, and everyone who has supported you in this journey.
- Breathe. It is perfectly normal to be anxious. Before you go onto the floor, put your hand on your chest. Close your eyes. Take 10 deep slow breaths.
- See. Dance is more than output, it is also about remembering to really take in the information around you (and respond to it).
- Keep it in perspective. If you slip, fall, forget part of the choreography, just keep going as if nothing happened! This moment is a wonderful opportunity; your team will keep going. Just join back in!
Other last minute thoughts? Please share! What happens after state? Stay tuned; we have more post-state tips waiting in the wings!